TEMPLATE ERROR: Unknown runtime binding: else in widget Tales of the Trail Goddess: 74 Caterpillars

Sunday, October 29, 2006

74 Caterpillars


Or woolly bears as they are also known here. I counted 74 of them on my 6 mile run today.
I had to coax myself outside.It was very windy, and it just seemed cold out there. So I waited until noon and it was 50 degrees.
What a beautiful day!! Blue skies, lots of gusty wind, no cars on the road. I actually got overheated in my 3 layers. I ditched the hat and glove almost immediately, there was no need for them.
I felt good. I got back home, and we took the dogs out for their second walk of the day.

I have my drop bag packed for the race, my race day clothes, and my post-race bag packed. All I need to do is the overnight bag for the non-running clothes. I like to work several days ahead, because all I need is a work crisis to hit and then not have time to get everything ready for the out of town trip.
I feel good. I'm pretty calm. There's nothing else I can do to prepare for this race besides rest and eat right. Training is over!!!
In fact, I'd love it if the race was tomorrow to get the waiting over with!!!

4 comments:

Jack said...

Patience, race day is almost there. Sounds like you are very ready, I am already anxious to hear all about it.

Ryan said...

I know what you mean, I have pre-race jitters and it's only Monday! Have a relaxing week and go kick some Mountain Masochist butt = )

Enjoy the ride!

Sarah said...

Sounds like you are in a good frame of mind! Take it easy this week and you'll have a great race. : )

rick said...

Good luck! Sounds like you've got everything under control. Get your sleep in now just in case you get too excited the night before the race.