TEMPLATE ERROR: Unknown runtime binding: else in widget Tales of the Trail Goddess: Where did the weekend go?

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Where did the weekend go?

What a quick one. We left about 11am this morning to drive to Cleveland to attend the 82nd Airborne Division Association annual Christmas party. A good time was had by all. One of the oldest members was there, he is 91!! A WWII veteran, he was a gliderman. My husband and I, in our early 40's are very "young" members of this group.
I got an hour in on the treadmill before we left, and glad I did it early beause now I'm a bit tired (it's four hours roundtrip) after the party and drive.
I realized on the drive too, that I need to get stuff organized for my FA this next weekend. I'm going to see the Nutcracker in Cleveland Wednesday, spend the night there, and then Friday drive over to the Youngstown area for the race. So that doesn't leave me much time to get things organized for the FA.
I might try a few new things for this run. I have a big vat of Perpeteum, and have only tried it once before. I might try it for some of the loops ( I believe we will be doing 8 mile loops).
Running on the trails in the dark will also be new for me. I have several lights, so I need to test them out, see if they need batteries, and what hat I can use for the light that goes around my head. I've got some work to do!

3 comments:

cdnhollywood said...

Please let me know how you like the Perpetum. I have had success with HEED and HammerGel (love that Espresso), but I've never tried Perpetum.

Glad to see you're still moving forward.

rick said...

oohh 82nd Airborne. Tough folks.

Every year, for the last three, I've bought a new set of lights. I promise not to do it this year. I have all the lights I need plus I like my set up now. Have fun experimenting with yours. I found beanies to work best with lights. I use a headlamp and a handheld myself.

Kim said...

Rick, what are you using? I want to buy the Petzl Myo XP but just haven't gotten around to it yet. It will be interesting to see how my lights work out for me on this run.