TEMPLATE ERROR: Unknown runtime binding: else in widget Tales of the Trail Goddess: New Year Run

Monday, January 01, 2007

New Year Run

I got out for a short 4 mile run around the neighborhood. It was a nice run, in the 40’s-I wore shorts for my run today!! Also a windshirt which came in handy, because it was very windy out.
I go by an Amish house about mile 1.4. Today a dog ran out from the house, barking at me. I gave him the usual “hi buddy” but he kept coming and uh oh!! I saw hackles up!! I gave him a sharp “hey!!” and he stopped, glaring at me. I kept going, although I knew I was going to have to run right past his house again. On the way back, I picked up some good sized rocks, but the dog was nowhere to be found. I think it’s time for me to invest in some pepper spray-this road is part of my normal running route, and I’m not changing it for an overzealous dog.
It’s hard to believe this wonderful mid weather we are having. I just hope it will last long enough for our FA on January 6, which is also my birthday. I am planning on running 41 miles, since I will be turning 41.
I guess I am middle-aged. I think that’s funny. I don’t feel middle-aged. Of course, I should live to be about 110, so actually I really am not at the half-way point of my life yet. I got plenty of years and adventures to go yet

3 comments:

Lloyd said...

41, eh? Go fer it.

I had designs on 50k, but I hit a small setback. Hope to get back running long soon.

I'll be out there, one way or another.

rick said...

Happy New Year Kim! Like the new pic on the blog.

Ryan said...

Happy New Year & Happy Birthday

41 miles sounds like an interesting challenge. Have fun out there!