TEMPLATE ERROR: Unknown runtime binding: else in widget Tales of the Trail Goddess: Short Version For now

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Short Version For now

DNF timed out at Grist Mill, hour 23,mile 75, did not make the time cut off. I am perfectly fine with that. I had a great run and made a couple of personal race management planning issues that cost me my time cushion. I will write about those later-I am not making excuses, but I think if I explain what happened maybe it will help out someone else.
Other than not finishing the race, I had a simply wonderful weekend. I got to see old friends, ran with new friends, people told me that they read my blog. I think I am going to turn on the anonymous comment thingy so if you don't want to register for blogger you can comment. Tell me who you are people!!
I got to witness many of my friends meeting their goals of both running the 50 miler and the 100 miler. I was very touched by how many people asked me how my race went on Sunday, they were so personally interested in how I did. I had two great pacers, Mike and Christian who did their best to coax a little run out of very tight quads. I think I hit the last two cutoffs before the end with minutes to spare.
And last but not least, I fell in love with the most gorgeous eyes I have ever seen.

More later. Some pizza and wine await.

3 comments:

Sensationally Red said...

Well...I think you're absolutely awesome. Sheesh! 75 miles. I can't even imagine. I did 16 today on the Buckeye Trail and feel as though I climbed Mt. Rushmore! I'm pretty proud of my 16 and you must be very proud of 75. Congrats. You are an inspiration! I look forward to the whole race report. Isn't this stuff really about living, pushing yourself, and enjoying life on the trails in the company of good friends?

Jack said...

Since I haven't run 75 miles (yet) I still stand in awe at this accomplishment. Your positive attitude despite not meeting your goal is trully inspiring, I can't wait to read the whole story.

Mike said...

Kim - I emailed you my initial thoughts after getting home...

For your readers benefit - you were AWESOME. In the middle of the night, with blisters on your feet and 20 + hours of running on your body, there was one feat of endurance that not many people can match. Your spirit. You were every bit the wonderful, cheerful, thoughtful person at 4am and 75 miles as you are at all other times. It was such an honor to be running with you into the night and be part of your effort.

Thank you once again for my wonderful pacer gift! I swear that shirt is so damn cool! I am wearing it right now, and had I seen this shirt in a store before, I would have already had it. I love the brand and had always looked for one about trail running!

Now, don't we both need to start training for Mo 08? Well, ok, recover first....