TEMPLATE ERROR: Unknown runtime binding: else in widget Tales of the Trail Goddess: Catch up Post

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Catch up Post

Well, the big rainstorm anticipated (and greatly needed) went south of I-70 meaning we got nutten...we need water so bad. The garden is being watered about every other day now. It's doing great!! The tomato plants did get away from me and have formed a dense jungle that I will have to enter to find my fruits. We picked our first squash, so that means every 1.5 hours a new squash will grow to baseball bat size until the beetles get their way and the plants succumb.
I've spent several lazy hours catching up on emails and reading race reports...mainly WS reports, they've been so awesome to read. I've been fretting also about my role as a pacer since this will be a total new experience for me. I don't want to screw anything up and cost my runner any time. There's no doubt in my mind that my runner will finish his race; he's trained and ready for it. I just want to get all the details down and try to anticipate any problems we might encounter.

New blog alert! Check out Brian's blog. It was funny seeing this post, as I just ran into Dan this morning at the 5 mile race AND we just ran this same section of trail that Dan and Brian ran.
I miss Brian, I haven't seen him and the Youngstown area gang since our FA in March. That was alot of fun, running on the ice. Hard to think about ice this time of year..

9 comments:

Brian said...

That is pretty funny... I'll see ya at the Burning River aid station that the NEO Trail Club is doing this August.. if not before. Are you running the BT50K next week? I am signed up now.

P.S.- Do YUT-C this fall instead of Akron! =)

Rob "Buckeye" Powell said...

You will do great as a pacer. Smart and experienced to know the way to take them home. Keep him slow till you get there and he will be good as finished.

If that does not work run backwards.

Sensationally Red said...

Figures that the year I don't do a garden due to the torrential summer rains of the past five years, we have a dry one. Have fun keeping up with those squash! You can practically watch those things grow...its freaky! Maria and I are thinking of signing up for a Burning River aid station. Sounds like fun.

tony said...

Red, what a hoot! That would be great to see you and Maria and Kim out there! In fact, Kim's running Mike in, ideally I'll still be able to hang with Mike, and I want Red and Maria to be my pacers!! What do ya say ladies? You know...maybe just the last 35 miles or so?? Can't wait, I'm countin on you both now!

Kim said...

Red and Maria, I'm working the Happy Days Visitor Center Aid Station for BR before I pick up Mike, we can use volunteers there!
You might want to think about pacing Tony some, maybe not 35 miles, but any small bit could help during the night.

Sensationally Red said...

I'll think about pacing Tony at 3AM ONLY if he's REALLY nice to me! I'll get the details from you later Kim on the Happy Days aid station. I'd love to help in some way for this race.

Kim said...

Trust me Tony will be totally nice and compliant around 3am Sunday morning! Although you'll have to meet him at an Aid Station after Happy Days, he'll be through there before 130am!!

tony said...

Oh no Kim. Don't tell Red and Maria I'll be totally compliant. As pacers,they're pretty much my slaves, right? You know...do whatever I say? Or is it me that does whatever they say, because I'll be out of it?

Kim said...

If they are your pacers, it's their job to keep you moving forward. Whatever it takes!