TEMPLATE ERROR: Unknown runtime binding: else in widget Tales of the Trail Goddess: Talk about a Trail Pick Me up!

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Talk about a Trail Pick Me up!


Andrew had given me two of these some time ago. I had tucked them into my gym bag for a quickie snack, but the size of it had always made me pause before opening. On my last stop at the car yesterday, heading out for the last 8 miles of the run, I grabbed the Lava Bar.

Ohmygod!!! This thing was heavenly! Such a great chocolate taste! Exactly what I needed to get me going on the last loop. I don't know if it had the right carbs/calories, but the taste was such a delectable pick me up!

It squeezes out in a very thick kind of frosting consistency. It does recommend putting in hot water, so I just held it in my fist to help warm it up so I could squeeze it out more quickly.

From their website:
Brief Description of Product:
The Lava Bar™ is a flexible film, foil-lined squeezable pouch containing 70-grams (2.5 oz) of gourmet Lava Chocolate™. A perforation at the top of the pouch enables chocolate lovers to easily tear open the Lava Bar and squeeze the liquid Lava Chocolate into their mouths (an added fun factor).

7 comments:

AnthonyP said...

Yummy !

triguyjt said...

darn..my mouth is watering.....

SLB said...

Oh yeah, me likey!

TrainingtoTri said...

drooolllll

Meredith said...

YUM! I have never heard of them!!!

Anonymous said...

280 calories per pouch, 16g of fat. OUCH!

Nick said...

I saw these once at a BP pit stop when I was on my way up to MO.
I thought about it, and said: No. –Now I regret that.

I will have to stop back there and try it out.
Chocolate is man's best friend out on the trail.