TEMPLATE ERROR: Unknown runtime binding: else in widget Tales of the Trail Goddess: Track Run Today

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Track Run Today



Since my local trail is currently a mass of mud, and the local bike trail is mainly under water (really), I debated where to run after work. Then I remembered, what about the high school track? Nice safe location, no cars to worry about!

It was a bit cold, about 32 degrees, hence the full garb until I got warm. The track was a good choice today. I had an exceptionally horrid day at work and could not wait to get alone. With running in circles at the track, I was able to put on the headphones and just run. Mindlessly. Thinking about nothing except the amusements that Adam Curry was able to provide.

Round and round I went, amused to find myself keeping about a 11.30 pace. I guess I can run faster than my usual pokey slow pace. It was just such a novelty to run on flat surface for a change, and even better to not have to worry about traffic, or dogs, or roots or rocks. It was a very good choice for the afternoon run, I got 8 nice miles in.



9 comments:

Mike said...

Nice job! Already looking forward to seeing you next weekend!

Luc said...

wow, 8 miles on a 1/4 mile track is... [calculating in my head]... a lot of laps!

i must know though. who is taking your pictures? :)

Kim said...

Luc, it's the power of the Garmin...I'm not counting anything!

Oh, and the self timer on the camera-Mike is the expert on that!

Nick said...

Great job Kim.
I really need to get back to the track for some faster leg turnover.

Tanya and I are running a muddy 8 miles on Sunday. Opposite of what you did today. Should be fun though.

Dana said...

You are SO good to do 8 miles on a track! Looks like you had a great run.

Josh said...

I see you've met one of my good friends, track. It's a nice place to run an even pace and get those legs turning fast.

AnthonyP said...

Way to get out there and circle the track !

tony said...

Nice run Kim! You ran so fast, your shirt went from yellow to white-hot!

OK...confession time, I do my speedwork in winter at indoor track and have done 12 miles, and it's a 200 meter track! OH MY!

triguyjt said...

a mile is a mile is a mile...
the track says 4 times around, and the garmin just unclutters your mind, right.
good job on the 8...did 13 once on a track and it was hard keeping the laps straight...