TEMPLATE ERROR: Unknown runtime binding: else in widget Tales of the Trail Goddess: Training Plan-or Lack of

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Training Plan-or Lack of

A friend emailed me last night and asked how my training was going.

I thought about it for a minute, and realized I really don't seem to be training.

I'm getting some runs in, true, but the wheels on the training plan seemed to fall off back in February. I seem to be just holding on to "get through" Umstead, and then I added another race right after Umstead. Sigh.

Not much of a post here, but I needed to get these thoughts down in writing so I will get back to this later today. I need to make myself some specific goals and commitments now that the weather is breaking, I seem to be having a more normal work schedule, and I'm slowly getting the weight more under control.

7 comments:

Bev said...

I'm with you. I have fallen into a ho-hum attitude with the training. We need a good kick in the butt. So bend over; You've come too far to slack now. Get ready for that next race. Hope that helps.

Josh said...

I think most ohioans have had bad training this winter. It looks like you've been getting in some good runs the last couple weeks, so you're on your way!

Brian said...

Hang in there Kim! You will not be denied!!

triguyjt said...

you will get the plan dailed in....

keep on keeping on

Mike said...

We can't all train ourselves into multiple injuries like Pickle all winter (sorry Pickle!)

I hope to start a real training plan of some sort myself soon targeting Mohican as my next "big" event.

I want to ride the MTB race there too....and I will have a "sub" event along the way of hopefully the Cleveland or Mississauga marathon.

Come with me Kim! Let's get our Mohican buckles together!

AnthonyP said...

Umstead is right around the corner. Hang in there.

tony said...

Great to see you Friday night, Kim. You really looked GREAT!!