TEMPLATE ERROR: Unknown runtime binding: else in widget Tales of the Trail Goddess: Becoming One with the Treadmill

Sunday, January 03, 2010

Becoming One with the Treadmill


Almost identical workout to yesterday. One hour walk, about 3.1 MPH to 3.2 MPH, on the treadmill, at 12% incline. Lower it back down to 1%, run for 40 minutes, for 3.3 miles more.

We took the dogs out about 11 am. As I walked toward the barn (with longjohns, windpants, parka, gloves, etc..) I thought it wasn't too bad, and I could go for a run in this. As we ventured out past the barn, and the wind started to blow, I thought, nope, it's another inside workout for me. I don't have anything to prove by being miserable for a 4 mile run around the block.

The good news is, 25 degrees will seem balmy (sometime soon I hope!)!!

1 comment:

ultrarunner (Brian Philpot) said...

Yes it is cold! But I just can't bring myself to use a treadmill. But on the other hand it is great to hit the trail's with nobody on them! I can hammer some speed work, and I stay very warm.