TEMPLATE ERROR: Unknown runtime binding: else in widget Tales of the Trail Goddess: Landslide Run Part 3

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Landslide Run Part 3

Check this out. Due to the camera's position on the road, the perspective really came out warped. I look like I photo shopped myself into this. It reminds me of "Land of the Lost" for some reason.



Despite my midget appearance, it really has fallen four or five feet. Perhaps one more day of driving on it. Then it will be off to the back roads to get to town.

I ran to the land slide, then continued around the block. I ran into a man out for his walk. He told me he was a former 'long distance runner' and had run some races around here. I walked with him a bit...really slow. Like 1 MPH on a treadmill. He told me many things about himself in the 10 or 15 minutes I spent with him, then I finally extricated myself from the conversation and told him I had to get on with it.

The temps were great out. I ran out of water, and the Gatorade that I had stashed in the snowbank on Monday, like the snow, was gone. I resorted to a few handfulls of snow left, just to get some fluids in. 14 mile run, felt pretty good most of the time.

And no, I am not making this up. I burst out laughing when I saw it, and was glad to have the camera.

Now I know why this is Big Foot country down here!













Print Page

1 comment:

Rob "Buckeye" Powell said...

Big foot breeding area! LOL